Sunday, March 16, 2014

Ringer vs. Lunardi 2014

Selection Sunday is nearing a close. The brackets have been announced, and millions across the country are making their picks for the best tournament in sports. This year's selection committee didn't drum up too much controversy with their selections. Most of the second guessing comes in the form of seeding. One of the more debated seeds came from the defending champion, Louisville Cardinals, receiving a 4 seed despite winning both the regular season and tournament championships in the newly formed American Athletic Conference. I had 36 of the 68 teams seeded correctly in my final projections. Joe Lunardi of ESPN had 39 teams seeded correctly. The biggest surprise team in the field is NC State. Lunardi and I both had them on the outside looking in. I also had Xavier being left out, but the Musketeers got a bid. The two teams I had in, and therefore got a raw deal in my opinion were SMU and Florida State. I ended with 66 correct picks in the tourney while Lunardi had 67. Lunardi also had SMU in the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment