Monday, March 18, 2013

Ringer vs. Lunardi 2013

The brackets were announced last night, and the Madness will get underway tomorrow night with North Carolina A&T and Liberty squaring off in one of the First Four matchups. This year's selection committee did a nice job in a relatively uneventful selection process. There were no true surprises in the field of 68. I correctly predicted 66 of the 68 teams in this year's field. I did not have LaSalle or Boise State in the field. Those two teams were part of the "Last 4 In" and will play each other for the right to play Kansas State. Southern Miss and Alabama had their bubble pop as I expected them to be included in the Tournament and were not. ESPN's Joe Lunardi beat me out again this year as he had all 68 teams in the field correct. His seeding was a bit more accurate this year as well, as he predicted 34 of the seeds right, and I only had 30. Lunardi is the best in the business, and this is the first time in three years that he has been this much better than me. I recommend you check out Beat The Spread for your Bracketology updates in the future. Be on the lookout for predictions on every single game in the NCAA Tournament over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment